‘Who Ya Gonna Call?’
I wanted to take the time to share every service/business I signed up for that has worked for me since our move to Sneads Ferry, in order to help new transplants; share ideas, suggestions, and even to help seasoned locals who have been here a long time. Maybe you have a friend or family member that is heading here soon and you can easily share this with them in one click!
- Onwasa Water: 910-455-0722/ onwasa.com NEW customers must complete an application and can sign up online, by mail, or in office
- JOEMC (Jones- Onslow Electric Membership Corporation): 910-353-1940/ http://joemc.com
Ongoing Home Maintenance / Service
- East Coast Consolidated: (910) 750-1459/ http://eastcoastconsolidated.com (trash pick-up, yard maintenance): I tried a different company before I finally took my trusty neighbors advice and switched to veteran owned and operated ECC, and I haven’t regretted it to this day. We needed the convenience and hassle-free maintenance they provide, in addition to fair prices and amazing customer service. Perks also include military discount and a discount if a certain amount of people in your residential neighborhood sign up for waste management. All you have to do is give them a call and you’ll never have to think about yard maintenance again. They are so reliable and meticulous in their work, I am always recommending them to new families.
- B&T Pest Control: (910) 356-9966/ http://btpestcontrol.com-Friendly customer service and prompt visits have been the experience every time we call.
One Time Set Up
- Spectrum:(wifi, cable, mobile) (833)-267-6094/http://spectrum.net : Spectrum to the rescue! If you missed it, we already covered how Spectrum saved my life after I moved here and had faulty cell reception. Sprint vs. Spectrum: Why I Switched. From speedy, reliable wifi to cable and mobile, they have you covered.
- Vivint Smart Home Security: (844)-962-0709 http://vivint.com: So, we recently invested in a home security system for peace of mind after asking both our Sneads Ferry and Hampstead friends who they rely on, and they all recommend Vivint. After an easy and fairly quick phone call, we installed motion sensors, and the monitor, which includes a convenient app where you can control your security from the palm of your hand.
There’s our comprehensive list so far of all things my family and I rely on! We will continue to add to and update this list as things change. I want to hear from you! What has been your experience(s)? If you’re in a surrounding community, what are the companies you know and can trust on?
E. Stanley says
Great article, it gives newcomers valuable resources.
Leah Norman says
Yes, we hope this will be very helpful for them!!