Last month, the hubby and I had the pleasure of double dating for his birthday. This was a huge deal, as we have only been here a year and our parents are five hours away. It’s just the five of us, including our kids, and date nights are rare. I wanted to take him somewhere special. I had been hearing nothing but positive reviews about Splash by the Sea since we arrived and decided to take him there for a surprise.
Everything there, from the ambiance to the food ended up being a phenomenal experience.
Sea The Views
- I expected there to be a long wait with a packed atmosphere. It wasn’t. Restrooms are at the front left, and very easy to find.
- We were seated almost immediately, and took notice to the warm, romantic, dimly lit atmosphere. Splash By The Sea is extremely open and spacious, so it’s ideal for our current COVID situation, with spread out tables combined with 360 ocean views. That’s right: the entire seating room is surrounded with floor-to-ceiling windows, with doors leading out to patio/balcony seating, complete with a blue-green pool!
- Once you’re out there, you’re swallowed up by the chattering of happy customers, a cool breeze, and live music if you’re there on the weekend. You’re welcome to eat, drink, and be merry.
First Class Customer Service
- The staff is amazing: from the time we entered the inconspicuous condo complex, plus restaurant-in-one, we were greeted with warm welcomes.
- Our waitress was so accommodating and was so happy to provide questions about the menu.
- After our crab dip came out, I decided to ask if there was a different option for dipping other than the flatbread, such as tortilla chips. Within five minutes of me asking, the owner Toni, came out, introduced herself and told me that she would be happy to bring us both garlic knots and tortilla chips. I was blown away. She showed that she cared so much about our experience and wanted to enhance it.
Dive Into Dinner
Let’s get into what matters most: the FOOD! Yes, we love seafood and theirs doesn’t disappoint. It was fresh and savory. From classic appetizers like crab dip and shrimp cocktail, to a Cajun pizza, the variety is there!
What Leah Loves:
- Crab Dip: warm, cheesy and crab-filled!
- Shrimp Cocktail: they were fresh, juicy and LARGE! A fav of my hubby’s, he loved it!
- Crab Legs: my friend ordered these and said they were a great size.
- Crab Cakes: a fav of mine, I look for minimal filler and maximum taste! They delivered on both. A good portion of 2 which are a great size and two sides. Crispy on the outside, tender and sweet on the inside
- Shrimp Platter: crispy, juicy, large, and tender!
- Splash Burger: I can eat a burger and fries everyday. I’m definitely an aficionado. Juicy beef and toasted, soft bun made for a delicious bite.
- Cookie Skillet: the awesome part, is that if it’s your birthday or anniversary, you are given a complimentary one. We had both. They gladly brought out a sizzle, cookie skillet, oozing with whipped cream and chocolate. We devoured it in five minutes!
- BONUS: So, we didn’t try Cajun Queen Pizza but it has a garlic butter base with mozzarella, sausage, shrimp, bleu cheese crumbles, and ‘kaboom sauce.’ Do I need to say more?! It sounds amazing, and it looks amazing. I plan on ordering it to go in the future! Try it and tag us!!!
- BONUS BONUS: KIDS EAT TOTALLY FREE ON SATURDAYS!!!
Splash by the Sea is located at Villa Capriani – 790 New River Inlet Rd, North Topsail Beach, NC 28460 | (910) 328-3044
Have you been? Forks up, food down!
Eat Pray Leah