Last Thursday I had the pleasure of meeting up with Olivia Morris and her daughter Jara at local cult fav, Sundial Coffee and Tea. It wasn’t my first time meeting either one of them though: I’ve known them since they started Topsul Yard Party, which quickly became another local fav, after the creative pair began putting unique and tailored yard signs across the Topsail area for every occasion. At this point I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve enlisted their services. They are simply wonderful and so thoughtful. So, when they told me they were starting up a mobile, party experience on wheels, I was ALL ears!
Topsul Battle Ball
Over coffee, Olivia began telling me about how from the start, they had it in their minds that the business would expand and grow: not be limited to the yard signs. She wanted to bring a party space and option to our area but she also knew that having a brick and mortar building wasn’t realistic or budget-friendly. How could they bring safe and convenient fun into this new normal with the pandemic in the front seat? They discussed bounce houses and adult board games and are even still entertaining the idea of giant beer pong, which I, for one, am ecstatic about!
That’s when she came across a company based out of Texas called GellyBall. Think you’re not familiar with it? Think again. If you have a child, you’ve more than likely purchased orbie beads, and that’s exactly what these are: balls made out of orbies. And now, they will be pulling up to your residence in topsail, providing fun that is:
- Environmentally friendly
- They disintegrate in your yard
- They don’t cause huge bruises or wounds
- Easy to sanitize
Tell me more:
Before she knew it, Olivia had bought the entire kit which includes them bringing your a 2-Hour party that comes with:
- Two refills
- 1500 rounds per gun
- 12 inflatable bunkers
- 12 guns, 12 face shields, 24 grenades
I was sitting there with my mouth open, and head spinning! Why? Because I’m a traditional party mom who never ventures to use a venue away from our house, and I don’t like attending parties like that either. A birthday party means friends invited over with an inflatable and home cooked food, by me. I know, I know, it’s very uncommon and also pretty inevitable, but so far we’ve avoided it for 11 years. However, my son is turning 12 in March, so to have what would be a huge, dream-come-true pulling up to our home? I was just overwhelmed by the access and possibility.
More DEETS and How MUCH
- They will arrive at parties a half hour before your party time to inflate the bunkers, so that doesn’t interfere with your two hour allotted time.
- If you have a yard that won’t accommodate all the bunkers, they can use less.
What I love the most about their service is the affordability and flexibility. Typically, when you pay a venue there’s an absurd price per head to use their space and that’s for just an hour.
- TBB will be $280 for two hours and you can pretty much have as any guests as you want. They aren’t mandating a max, and you can have 12 or more people rotating in and out, because they have such a great amount of supplies.
- When you contact them, a $50 deposit will be required, the remaining to be paid 24 hours before.
- They will always need notice prior to your booking and no same day booking will be accommodated because of the time it takes to set up and take down. So, initially, they’re thinking 2 parties a day will be accomplishable.
- They are willing to negotiate how long they can commute and will adjust pricing depending on location
You guys, this is BIG! I couldn’t be more excited and I’m already planning on booking them in March as I shared above. I’m so excited for such a fun and unique experience for our area and I fully expect them to be slammed with bookings.
Behold: Topsul Battle Ball!
Believe it or not, the sky is still the limit with these two even though they are already still so busy with TYP and TBB on the horizon. She’s hoping to get a shooting range for the balls and also said that it has potential to be glow-in-the-dark! Who else wants to book this for themselves and forget about the kids?!
Ready to BATTLE?!