Selling a home is a long and stressful experience—there’s so much to do before you can even list it on the market. And if you’re also juggling the process of house-hunting for your next home, it’s easy to overlook key tasks that will improve your chances of attracting buyers and getting the price you want for your existing property. You need to make a great first impression on potential buyers, which means ensuring your home is sparkling clean before listing it on the market. Check out the resources below for help hiring professional cleaners and getting your home in shape for a successful sale!
Why should I hire a house cleaner before listing my home?
By investing in a professional cleaning, you will make a positive impression on potential buyers in listing photos and during showings.
- If you’re selling during the pandemic, your home needs to look spotless in video tours and virtual walkthroughs.
- Cleaning is one of the most affordable ways to increase your home’s value.
- While you could clean your house yourself, you already have a lot on your plate and you won’t be able to achieve the same level of cleanliness as a professional.
- A clean house is easier to stage and more attractive to potential buyers.
- Once your home is clean, work with Rachel Carter Images to get great photos for your listing.
Which cleaning tasks are the most important?
Some of the most important areas to clean include your flooring, windows, home exterior, kitchen, and bathroom.
- Have your home exterior, decks, patios, driveways, sidewalks, roofing, and gutters professionally power washed.
- Hire professional window cleaners for a streak-free finish that appears crystal clear from the inside and out.
- Make sure your cleaners pay special attention to the bathrooms and kitchen. Grease, dirt, and grime in these rooms can really turn off potential buyers.
- Use these tips to stay on top of organizing.
How can I keep my home spotless while it’s on the market?
After having your home professionally cleaned, commit to regular cleaning to keep it show-ready at all times.
- Get in the habit of cleaning as you go instead of leaving a mess to deal with later.
- Try new strategies to get your kids to clean up after themselves.
- If you have pets, conquer the mess as it occurs to prevent stains and odors.
- Make your bed every morning so you have one less thing to do when you get the call about a last-minute showing.
Hiring professional cleaners is one of the best investments you can make before listing your home for sale. Those fresh carpets, streak-free windows, and gleaming appliances will wow potential buyers and give the impression that your property has been well cared for.
This article is brought to you by Rachel Carter Images—whether you’re an aspiring photographer, or a non-photographer that simply wants to enhance your photo skills, I’m here to help! For more information, please visit my website or contact me today!