skip… skip… skip…
That’s what happens when buyers are scanning photos of homes on the millions of websites online. They skip everything that looks boring, dull, or less than professional photos.
So what makes them stop or skip? The professional quality of the photos! After all, if you don’t spring for exterior photos to sell your home, what else have you skimped on during your tenure there? Plumbing? Mold? Rotting ceilings? Home buyers are suspicious.
One of the easiest ways to build their confidence in your house AND gain their attention, is through excellent, professional, exterior photographs.
And it’s so much more than just a nice looking house.
The psychology of homebuyers is incredible.
Is your grass green? STOP!
Are the colors dull? Skip.
Are the flowers blooming? STOP!
Is the sky dreary? Skip.
“BUT WAIT!” you cry, incredulously! “It’s fall! Surely any buyer with brains would understand that the leaves fall off the trees in fall.”
Sure, they understand. Mentally, it computes. But you are competing against a multitude of beautiful homes. Your curb appeal needs to pop. You need all the potential of a Home and Garden magazine cover. Dormant trees? They just say: Dead. Lifeless. Unexciting.
Homebuyers are looking for a home that will give them life!
They are visualizing pancake Saturdays in your kitchen. When they look at the lawn, they imagine playing catch with Junior. They picture a sparkling, vibrant, cheerful place where they will thrive in the sun and safely weather the storms.
If the exterior of your home says anything other than sparkling, vibrant, and cheerful, then your home is likely to get skipped.
“Well, shoot!” you say. “I’m moving in the fall. The grass will be brown. My lilies, wilted. They won’t know how well the luscious leaves of the oak trees create a barrier between my house and the neighbor’s.”
Well. That is the pits. But lucky for you, I can help!
The best real estate agents hire a professional real estate photographer to take photos of your home when it’s time to sell. That professional is usually from the RCI team, of course. However, you don’t receive those services until you have signed a contract with them and you are ready to sell.
So what do you do when you want to sell in the fall or winter?
Get your photos now!
And before you think about pulling out your nifty iPhone or DSLR, ask these questions about yourself:
- Do you know how to drop in a blue sky with perfectly fluffy clouds? (if you think the weather just happens to be gorgeous every time I shoot, you’re wrong!)
- Do you know how to green up patches of grass where you forgot to move the kiddie pool for a couple days?
- Can you drop in a spectacular sunset colored sky behind your house? Light up the windows and create breathtaking drama that makes your house pop?
- Do you know how to erase the neighbor’s car that is parked too close to your home?
- Do you know how to make the colors look vibrant without sacrificing integrity?
- Can you take photos of your home in a way that makes it look like the neighbors are miles away?
- Can you make the photos look soft, but detailed? As though you’re viewing the property in real life but during the best lighting, premium weather, and rose colored glasses?
If you can do these things, call me. Maybe I should hire you!