If a picture is worth a thousand words, then the right images of your property are sure to draw attention. When you’re looking to sell your home, there are some things you must do to prepare your home for viewing. Homes that are listed for sale online or in print must be photographed first. Although in recent times, real estate rendering has become popular but still potential home buyers also like to see photos. Furthermore, today’s home buyers tend to rely heavily on the internet when making buying decisions. For this reason, taking great pictures and videos of your home is the key to getting great offers and making a quick sale. We have outlined 12 best ways you can prepare your property for photoshoots:
Create appealing backdrops inside and out
Decorate plants, place furniture on the lawn, and make sure your home’s exterior looks its best.
1. Decorate trees – Place beautiful ornaments on different trees in your yard to add color and beauty to your landscape.
2. Decorate patios – Use umbrellas, folding chairs, and bright pillows to give your patio an appealing look that will attract people inside for a close inspection! Add décor such as hanging baskets or potted plants, colorful rugs, or throw blankets and lanterns to provide the perfect inviting yet elegant setting! Garden stones and lovely terracotta pots also do wonders.
3. Dress up doors – Coat doorways with paint in striking colors that contrast with the shades traditionally used on the home’s exterior.
4. Dress up windows – Cover your windows with colored curtains or drapes. We suggest using white, beige, and cream colors to increase visual appeal. You can also use large and stunning paintings and photographs on walls to enhance the look of the interior and add interest outdoors.
5. Decorate landscaping – Plant varieties that are colorful, cheerful, and pleasing to the eye! Vary heights so that there is a tree for everyone!
6. Add some greenery – Place plants around your house like ferns, palms, and beautiful flowers, including roses, all over your home’s yard/landscaping; this provides an aesthetically breathtaking view while attracting plenty of buyers!
Pleasingly decorate rooms and furniture to the eye, provide organization, and create interest while giving an idea of ‘who’ lives there.
1. Organize closets – Go through your closets and get rid of old clothing you won’t wear anymore. Separate clothes by color or season to make it easy when looking for an outfit. Consider using shoe shelves instead of boxes under beds or dressers to gain more closet space! Use decorative wall hooks with mirrors as well to add visual appeal!
2. Clean up junk – No one likes living in a messy home, so take the time to clean the clutter in every room. Remove items from shelves and other places where they are hidden to give buyers a feeling of comfort that things are neat and organized.
3. Arrange furniture – As mentioned above, make sure your home’s furniture is arranged in an orderly manner at all times! Avoid placing larger pieces near the entryway or hallways; this clutters up the area and looks unappealing. A good trick for sellers who want to show off their large pieces without them being in the way is to place them in storage for a few weeks before showing your property. By taking a picture of how it will look ‘after’ you have sold your home, you can use this photo during shows as well! This provides clients with an idea of what they will gain when buying your home.
4. Arrange seasonal items – If you are selling during the fall or winter, place decorative pumpkins, twinkling lights, and other festive decorations outside to give buyers a feeling of joy and inspiration! You can also place non-perishable food on counters such as cookies or cakes; this is a great way to convince clients that your kitchen is well kept and ready for use!
5. Go through closets again – Take time to reorganize clothes if possible so that all colors fit into one color category. Use hanging rods near walkways, so they don’t have to go into closets to see everything they want to see. This saves time and is catchy and inviting!
6. Freshen up – Before your photoshoot, opt to use an air freshener or light a scented candle or two; this creates a cozy environment that provides comfort while being visually appealing. For sellers who live in older homes, it is best to have the carpets cleaned before showing. This will motivate buyers and help them imagine what their home could look like if they decide to purchase yours.
So, these are the tips from us to help get better photos of your home for presentation and netting the “Right” buyer!